During a company meeting on December 3, 1885, a committee of three (John S. Reiff, John F. Foster, and William Irving) was appointed to take subscriptions to purchase a hose cart. On June 21, 1886, a contract was signed to have a hose carriage built by Mr. W. W. Wunder of the Reading Fire Apparatus Works for $450. Sometime in 1886 Liberty Hose Company No. 2 took delivery of the hose carriage. The color of the carriage is vermilion and crimson mixed and it has inlaid mirrors on both sides of the hose reel. The cart was originally man drawn but was later configured to be horse drawn.