Other Event Detail

Fire at Amos Kuntzelman's
Lykens, PA

January 20, 1892

As Lykens' Rescue Hose Company was returning from a fire at Frank Grell's South Second Street home, another fire occurred at Amos Kuntzleman's home. The cause was a heater in the cellar. Rescue Hose Company put water on the fire. The damage was slight. Liberty Hose Company did not respond to this fire. (Liberty Hose Co. probably didn't know about this fire at the time - Rescue Hose Co. and Liberty Hose Co. were at the Grell fire and Rescue Hose Co. discovered this fire on their return from the Grell fire. However, this incident is recorded in Liberty Hose Co.'s fire log under the Grell fire.)

 Copyright © 2004 -2021  Liberty Hose Company No. 2.   All rights reserved.  |  Legal  |  About Our Site  |